Employer: Forbes Hare LLP
Position title: Compliance Assistant
Contract type: Permanent
Contract Hours: Full time
Remuneration/Pay rate: £25,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)
Place of work: 15 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6AU
Reporting to: Group Head of Compliance and Risk and Corporate Partner
The London office of an independent offshore law firm (with an associated corporate services business) seeks a Compliance Assistant/Client Onboarding Officer to provide compliance support to its offices in the British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, London and Singapore.
Compliance support will form the main focus of this role. The role would be suited to a highly literate, organised graduate with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. The role also requires the individual to have strong IT skills particularly in the use of Excel.
A minimum of 2 years compliance experience is essential, preferably within a law firm or a trust company. Candidates with Cayman Islands or British Virgin Islands paralegal or corporate administration experience may also be considered.
The candidate should have a strong academic background and must be willing to work both in a small team and independently with limited supervision. In addition, the candidate must have recent work experience in an office environment including experience of working from home.
Our clients are based in various different global time zones, and they expect excellent quality, prompt and efficient service. Teamwork is vital in meeting our clients’ expectations. Everyone’s contribution is highly valued and there will be opportunities to get involved in building the efficiency and quality of our services.
The candidate will receive required training and will then be expected to work with limited supervision. The role will enable candidates to explore new areas of law and legal compliance, improve commercial awareness and gain valuable experience supporting the firms corporate services teams and assisting our lawyers across the litigation and corporate practices globally.
Duties will include providing administrative support and assistance to the group compliance officers with the implementation and monitoring of regulatory risk and compliance procedures across all our offices, assisting with completion of client onboarding for our BVI, Cayman, Hong Kong, London and Singapore offices, reviewing and maintaining client due diligence, conducting background checks and risk analysis, assisting with the compiling of reports to the financial regulators in the relevant jurisdictions, completing regulatory research and assisting with drafting and amending our policies and procedures.
Duties will include:
- To assist in the monitoring and design of corporate governance, regulatory and legal policies, procedures, systems, controls and checks to identify and mitigate risk
- Assist the Compliance Department to ensure that there is a robust compliance control system in place by assisting in conducting regulator audits
- Conduct spot checks in line with regulatory frameworks in all geographical locations
- Assist in maintaining and implementing company-wide compliance policies and procedures
- Assist with the completion of both internal and external audits, identify any areas for improvement and implement any agreed changes in line with updated compliance procedures
- Ensure that enterprise-wide initiatives are undertaken, giving consideration to all applicable regulatory requirements
- Assist with conducting compliance related activities, recommending appropriate steps to improve its ongoing effectiveness
- Record and monitor compliance and or regulatory breaches
- Effectively develop and maintain relationships with internal law firm management across the different geographical locations
How to apply?
Please email your CV and a covering letter to:
Maria Cassidy (Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.