Forbes Hare advises on all aspects of British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands corporate and commercial law. Our lawyers have extensive experience in all major areas of commercial law, advising leading financial institutions, multi-national corporations and international law firms.
We act as lead lawyers on acquisitions, disposals and mergers of British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands companies. We also regularly provide services to onshore law firms as part of their overall management of a transaction. Our corporate group partners and associates have all previously worked in major international law firms, and are therefore ideally placed (we believe) to meet the high expectations of our onshore clients. Our transaction teams are partner led and designed to meet the commercial goals of our clients in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner.
Forbes Hare differs from other offshore firms by operating a one profit centre approach, working together as a team across the global offices providing a round-the-clock service and also ensuring that the most appropriate team members are involved in each matter.
We service a diverse range of clients worldwide across a range of industries including oil & gas, energy and utilities, mining, aviation, shipping and new media.
A number of Forbes Hare lawyers have extensive experience of practising in both the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands. We have offices in both jurisdictions, London and Singapore.
Forbes Hare has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Mergers and Acquisitions, including share and asset purchase agreements
- Initial equity offerings, private and public including listings on major stock exchanges such as AIM, LSE, NYSE, TSX, AMEX
- Secondary rights issues
- Private placements
- Advising on public and private M&A transactions
- Leveraged financing (intercreditor agreements, facility agreements, loan notes assignments)
- Drafting bespoke memoranda and articles of association
- Drafting and advising on shareholder agreements and shareholder rights
- Venture Capital
- Joint financing and service ventures
- Corporate structuring for real estate ventures
- Advising generally on limited partnership agreements
- Corporate Administration
- Corporate governance, including directors duties and advising on dividend payments or distributions
- Intellectual property and trademarks
- Service contracts and other commercial contracts
- Redomiciliation advice
- Pre-insolvency restructurings
- Advising on cross-border corporate reorganisations where the corporate group structure contains British Virgin Islands and Cayman entities
Voluntary Liquidations and Liquidator Services
- Voluntary solvent liquidations
- Liquidator services for the voluntary solvent liquidations of unregulated BVI companies provided by Michael Pringle, an experienced litigation specialist (these appointments constitute a personal office but Michael Pringle works closely with the firm in all cases so that the client has the benefit of the firm’s legal advice and also the special expertise of one of its senior lawyers as voluntary liquidator)